Crockpot Kielbasa with Roasted Garlic Sauerkraut
- 2-3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs Kielbasa cut into 1.5-2 inch chunks
- 1 bag 16oz of Roasted Garlic Kraut
- 1 Medium onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/3 cup Dry white wine or use apple juice
- 4 Small gold potatoes cubed
- 5 Medium carrots cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Apple cored, peeled and large diced
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- Parsley garnish optional
- Set your pressure cooker crockpot to Sauté and wait until it is hot. Add the vegetable oil and kielbasa. Brown it and remove to a bowl.
- Add onion to the pot and stir.
- Add carrots and stir.
- Cook for 2 minutes
- Add the salt, pepper, and caraway seeds, stir.
- Add the wine and let cook for a couple of minutes, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot occasionally to make sure the pot is deglazed.
- Add the garlic, stir it in.
- Add the potatoes and apple, stir.
- 10. Add the kielbasa back in, juices and all.
- 11. Add the Roasted Garlic and broth. Stir well to combine.
- 12. Put the lid on the crockpot and set the knob to sealing.
- 13. Press the Cancel/Keep Warm button to cancel the sauté mode.
- 14. Press the Pressure Cook (or Manual) button or dial, make sure it is set to high pressure, and use the +/- button or dial to adjust the time to 8 minutes.
- 15. After the cooking cycle ends, press the Cancel button to turn off the pot, and wait 10 minutes (NPR - Natural Pressure Release).
- 16. Release the rest of the pressure manually .
- 17. Give it a good stir.
- 18. Garnish with a little fresh parsley, and ENJOY!