Chili con Carne with Roasted Garlic Sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cups Roasted Garlic Kraut
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Beef broth
- 1 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- Diced parsley or cilantro
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the olive oil into a large pot and place it over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the onion and the Roasted Garlic Kraut. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground beef to the pot. Cook for another 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes, drained kidney beans, and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Bring the mixture to boil. Then, reduce the heat to low / medium-low and gently simmer the chili uncovered for 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm and garnish with desired toppings. Enjoy!