Beer-Braised Sausages with Classic Sauerkraut
- 4 cups Classic Caraway Kraut
- 1/2 lb Smoked bacon
- 2 Medium-large onions sliced thin
- 3 Medium carrots cut crosswise into 1/4-inch -thick slices
- 4 Medium potatoes sliced thick
- 3 cups Lager beer
- 10-12 Assorted smoked and precooked fresh sausages
- 1 cup Chicken or turkey broth
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Whole black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil if desired
- Set your pressure cooker crockpot to Brown/ Sear. Cook bacon pieces over moderate heat, stirring, until golden.
- Add onions. Cook mixture, stirring, until onions are softened.
- Combine with bacon mixture, carrots,potatoes, beer, broth, bay leaves, salt, and peppercorns. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Classic Caraway Kraut. Cover crockpot and cook on high for 60 min. Brown the sausages in a nonstick pan.
- Once mixture is fully cooked, place 1-2 brats on each plate.